[squid-users] I need a help with user permissions credentials

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Oct 9 13:55:29 UTC 2014

On 10/10/2014 2:28 a.m., Juan Manuel Perrote wrote:

> I have a Squid Cache: Version 3.1.19, on Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS.
>
> We use external authentification on ldap repository on a remote
> machine
>
> #********************************#********************************#********************************
>

> #********************************
>
> #REGLA VALIDACION LDAP
>
> #********************************
>
> #Esto indica el numero de procesos de autentificacion
> (notienevalorpredeterminado).
>
> auth_param basic children 5
>
> #Especifica el numero de procesos redirector para desovar
>
> redirect_children 5
>
> #Valido el usuario
>
> auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid3/squid_ldap_auth -b
> "ou=Users,dc=vs-zmaster,dc=policia,dc=rionegro,dc=gov,dc=ar" -f
> "uid=%s" -h 10.11.37.2 -v 3
>
> auth_param basic realm Policia de Rio Negro
>
> #Validar grupos
>
> external_acl_type ldap_group %LOGIN
> /usr/lib/squid3/squid_ldap_group -b
> "ou=Groups,dc=vs-zmaster,dc=policia,dc=rionegro,dc=gov,dc=ar" -f
> "(&(memberUid=%u)(cn=%g)(objectClass=posixGroup))" -h 10.11.37.2 -v
> 3
>
> #especifica el tiempo de usuario y contrasenia valido
> externamente.
>
> auth_param basic casesensitive on
>
> auth_param basic credentialsttl 280 minutes
>
> authenticate_ttl 60 minutes
>
> #********************************#********************************#********************************
>

> The problem is that when I change the user group on ldap to other
> user group (with differents permission) squid not refresh the
> change so until 1hs or more, the change are not reflect on real
> time. The same goes if change the password user, the user still
> navigating for a while.

Your configuration says "credentialsttl 280 minutes". That means Squid
only checks for username/password changes once every 4hrs 40min.

There is no TTL configured for external_acl_type helper. Meaning Squid
uses the default TTL and groups are only checked every 1hr.

> The changes are not reflected immediately.
>
> But if a reload the squid service, the change take effect

That depends on what you mean by "reload".

 * If you are restarting the service it completely shuts down and then
starts again. The credentials cache is stored only in volatile memory
and gets erased on shutdown or restart.

* If you are reconfiguring (reload the config), the memory and thus
credentials cache is retained.

Amos