[squid-users] I need a help with user permissions credentials

Juan Manuel Perrote jmperrote at policia.rionegro.gov.ar
Thu Oct 9 13:28:02 UTC 2014

I have a Squid Cache: Version 3.1.19, on Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS.

We use external authentification on ldap repository on a remote machine

#********************************#********************************#********************************

#********************************

#REGLA VALIDACION LDAP

#********************************

#Esto indica el numero de procesos de autentificacion
(notienevalorpredeterminado).

auth_param basic children 5

#Especifica el numero de procesos redirector para desovar

redirect_children 5

#Valido el usuario

auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid3/squid_ldap_auth -b
"ou=Users,dc=vs-zmaster,dc=policia,dc=rionegro,dc=gov,dc=ar" -f "uid=%s"
-h 10.11.37.2 -v 3

auth_param basic realm Policia de Rio Negro

#Validar grupos

external_acl_type ldap_group %LOGIN /usr/lib/squid3/squid_ldap_group -b
"ou=Groups,dc=vs-zmaster,dc=policia,dc=rionegro,dc=gov,dc=ar" -f
"(&(memberUid=%u)(cn=%g)(objectClass=posixGroup))" -h 10.11.37.2 -v 3

#especifica el tiempo de usuario y contrasenia valido externamente.

auth_param basic casesensitive on

auth_param basic credentialsttl 280 minutes

authenticate_ttl 60 minutes

The problem is that when I change the user group on ldap to other user
group (with differents permission) squid not refresh the change so until
1hs or more, the change are not reflect on real time. The same goes if
change the password user, the user still navigating for a while.

The changes are not reflected immediately.

But if a reload the squid service, the change take effect

Regards.