[squid-users] Squid 2.7 STABLE8 (Win2008) can't get my MS Lync 2013 to work?

Mirza Dedic mirza.dedic at outlook.com
Tue Oct 7 23:17:47 UTC 2014

Hi Eliezer,

After I commented out the SquidGuard part of the config and restarted squid
I restart my Lync 2013 client and it connects without a proxy prompt, in the
log I still see the " 1412723608.354    485 172.16.12.110 TCP_MISS/200 11695
CONNECT login.microsoftonline.com:443 - DIRECT/65.52.244.66 -" but no proxy
on the client's side.

So, something in SquidGuard must be causing this??

I did not want to uncomment the NTLM because we use this to provide seamless
authentication for the clients, if we only allow basic it will prompt for
user/pass won't it?

We use SquidGuard as it has a pre-defined list of blocked sites, so it was a
quick way to add a set of blocked sites.. but this whole setup is old I
don't even know where the win32 binaries came from for squidguard..

You mentioned a 3.x being developed for Windows, is this internal only or
somewhere I can follow the progress?

Thank you for your help on this !