[squid-users] Error page for failed authentication

silblackw silblackw at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 20:32:26 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am setting up my squid to require user authentication with a digest. I
have noticed that if authentication fails, it prompts the user again, and if
the user clicks "cancel" then squid just refuses the connection. I am
wondering if it is possible to change the behavior so that if authentication
fails or the user clicks "cancel" squid instead redirects the user to an
authentication failure page. Is this possible using the squid config file?
What would be the best way of approaching this problem?

Thanks in advance.