[squid-users] squid not liking dnscache for some hosts?

Jason Haar Jason_Haar at trimble.com
Tue Oct 7 18:36:14 UTC 2014

On 08/10/14 06:54, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> Squid 3.1+ are IPv6 enabled. Unfortunately AAAA lookup for
> dl.dropboxusercontent.com returns a positive CNAME result with
> indication that there are no IP addresses.

Argh. So they have a borked IPv6 address - they're in the wrong - well
that's a start :-)

> This problem should be resolved by Squid-3.2 or later. Please upgrade,
> preferrbley to the latest stable, which today is 3.4.8.

So newer versions did more sanity checking? Sigh, we're now getting
burnt by ipv6 - even though we don't use it - great...

Strangely enough, I just checked and now it's all working (AAA resolves
to CNAME which resolves to A records). I wonder if there's a Dropbox
engineer on this mailing-list...? ;-)

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Corporate Information Security Manager, Trimble Navigation Ltd.
Phone: +1 408 481 8171