[squid-users] ntlmssp: bad ascii: ffffffab (Lan Manager auth broken?)

Victor Sudakov sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru
Tue Oct 7 05:07:30 UTC 2014

Amos Jeffries wrote:

[dd]

> > Apparently so, but as I said, the very same client software does
> > work with the old "ntlm_auth" helper and does not work with the
> > new ntlm_smb_lm_auth one.
> >
> > That's why I am saying that the problem is on the authenticator
> > side and not on the client side.
>
> The client is sending corrupt packets.
> Old authenticator did not check for the corruption. New one does.

Which renders the new authenticator useless, at least for me.

> Client is still sending corrupt packets, which is why both the
> developers have said the problem is in the client.

The developers could have at least provided the option of
compatibility with the old bugs :) There is the old good programming
creed "be conservative about what you send and liberal about what you
receive".

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru