[squid-users] Squid, Kerberos and FireFox (Was: Re: leaking memory in squid 3.4.8 and 3.4.7.)

Victor Sudakov sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru
Mon Oct 6 04:07:25 UTC 2014

Rafael Akchurin wrote:
> I believe I do (but you made me doubt:)

Well, I have tried negotiate_kerberos_auth with Firefox (Windows) and
they don't work together. I am attaching a packet dump which boils
down basically to the following:

1. proxy.sibptus.transneft.ru:3131 is configured in Firefox (new clean
profile) as a proxy server for all protocols.

2. Firefox receives an "HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy Authentication Required"
with the "Proxy-Authenticate: Negotiate" header.

3. A Kerberos ticket is requested by the Windows host from the domain
controller for 'df at SIBPTUS' or some such odd principal instead of
something like 'HTTP/proxy.sibptus.transneft.ru at SIBPTUS.TRANSNEFT.RU'.

4. The domain controller predictably responds with 'PRINCIPAL UNKNOWN'
and proxy authentication fails.

WTF is 'df at SIBPTUS' I have not the slightest idea.

Any suggestions are welcome.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru