[squid-users] leaking memory in squid 3.4.8 and 3.4.7.

Victor Sudakov sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru
Fri Oct 3 17:02:12 UTC 2014

Rafael Akchurin wrote:
> > Tell me please, after implementing your guide, do you enjoy Kerberos
> > proxy authentication in Firefox, or does it fall back to Basic auth?

> I believe I do (but you made me doubt:)

Can you please doublecheck which method your Firefox is using?

All the howtos I have seen so far suggest a fallback method of basic
authentication. I suppose that is what is actually being used in many
cases.

> Can you please check if your browser is set to use FQDN of proxy not
> proxy's IP address.

I am absolutely sure of that.

I am not new to Kerberos in general. I have experience in setting up a
Heimdal realm and trust relations between a Heimdal realm and a MS
Windows 2000 domain (yes, we still have a Windows 2000 AD). I have
configured Kerberos authentication in POP3, IMAP, CVS, SVN, SSH (Unix
and Centrify PuTTY). So the chances of me making some trivial mistake
like DNS misconfiguration or an unsynchronized clock are rather small.
Though of course we all make mistakes sometimes.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru