[squid-users] getting sslbump cert errors on major sites

Tom Harris thom.j.harris at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 03:14:36 UTC 2014

I set up an ssl-bump squid recently and noticed some bump issues too.

Most sites work fine (e.g. google and twitter using https).  But, I get
errors with Facebook.com.  But, it only happens in Mac OS X Chrome, Windows
Chrome works fine.

Chrome refuses to load the site, and in certificate details it says "This
certificate cannot be used (unrecognized critical extension)"

In the detail view, the critical extensions are:

Key Usage.   Data = A8
Basic Constraints.  Certificate Authority = No

In the Windows certificate details, the same extensions are present, but
don't cause any issue.
Has anyone else seen this?