[squid-users] Existing root certificate not working with SSL Bump (squid 3.3.10)

HaxNobody nobody at hushmail.com
Wed Nov 26 17:45:20 UTC 2014

Alright, I figured out a possible cause. I downloaded the certificate that
the browsers were complaining about, and used openssl verify to verify
against the root certificate that I have. I got error 20, indicating that
squid must not be using the correct root certificate to generate the client
certificate on the fly, or that it is being generated incorrectly. The
generated certificate shows all the correct properties of the root
certificate that I am using, so my conclusion is that squid is incorrectly
generating the client certificate.

Question: Under what circumstances might squid incorrectly generate a bump
certificate?
Another question: Why might it be working when I use a different root
certificate?