[squid-users] Pull/Fetch high level URL requests from Squid access.log without getting all the object hits

Swapneel Patnekar swapneel at patnekar.com
Thu Nov 20 14:31:14 UTC 2014

Dear Amos,

Thank you for your input.

The reason I had this requirement is to build a analytics app on top of
Squid which will only show typed URL's so that the end user has the precise
information w.r.t evaluating web access.

Currently, since everything gets logged into the access.log, there is no
way to differentiate between typed/bookmark accessed URL's and URL's which
are references for the main URL i.e CDN URL's for js, css etc.

Sorry if I am pressing here, but do you have any suggestions/alternate
solutions for how I could achieve this ?