[squid-users] Pull/Fetch high level URL requests from Squid access.log without getting all the object hits

Siva Prakash ssivaprakash666 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 13:25:47 UTC 2014

Hi,

i think this cannot be done.

In squid, we have option for custom log format, but in that also request
for .css or .js  or img will be logged.  We cannot specifically log only
the user typed url in the acces log.

- Siva Prakash

On 11/20/2014 05:48 PM, Swapneel Patnekar wrote:

Hi there,

I need to pull/fetch high level URL requests from the Squid access.log i.e
URL requests which were typed by the user in the browser.

For example, if the user had typed facebook.com, I want to pull/fetch only
facebook.com from the access.log and not
https://fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net/rsrc.php/v2/yV/r/aXwjx2fqSf4.css etc which
was not typed by the user in the browser but was referenced by facebook.com
for the CSS.

Can this be done ?