[squid-users] squid basic ntlm auth error after upgrade to 3.3.8

Lupick lupick at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 11:38:26 UTC 2014

Hi
I've a problem authenticating users outside my AD domain after the upgrade
to squid 3.3.8.

All the domain logged user are able to authenticate without any issue.

The local user or user of a non domain computer have a username/password
prompt as expected.

If I provide the right doamin\username and password the promt appear over
and over.

BUT after the first time if I click cancel qnd I retry i'm able to browse
internet.  This happen cause the credential provided  are stored under the
windows credentian manager in the control panel.

no problem using centos 6 and squid 3.3.1, the problem appears after an
upgrade to centos 7 and squid 3.3.8.

this is my section on squid.conf:

auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
auth_param ntlm children 45
#auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
#auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 minutes

auth_param basic program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-basic
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server
auth_param basic credentialsttl 5 hours