[squid-users] Squid going through another forward proxy

Hector Chan hectorchan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 21:36:09 UTC 2014

Basically, what I am looking for is whether it's possible to set up the
following:

Client (A) --> Squid as Reverse Proxy (B) --> Squid as Forward Proxy (C)
--> Origin Servers Depending on Client Request URI (D)

Depending on the client request from (A), (B) could route the request to
different origin servers (multiple cache_peer lines).  The request has to
go through (C) to reach (D), as (C) is the only way out of the network to
the internet.  Moreover, the logic of figuring out where to go to lies in
(C).

I know it's kind of a weird setup, but, unfortunately, we do not have
access or control of (A) and (C).

Thanks again,
Hector