[squid-users] Squid ACL, SSL-BUMP and authentication questions

squid at icshk.com squid at icshk.com
Fri Nov 7 07:51:41 UTC 2014

Hi,

Sorry for my poor English. I think maybe I have figure out how to do this. Seems I need to explicitly specific allow “google” for “my_auth” users.

Add this:

http_access     allow   google                 my_auth

before

http_access     allow   my_auth                all

auth_param basic children 5

auth_param basic realm Welcome to Our Website!

auth_param basic program /usr/lib64/squid/basic_ncsa_auth /etc/squid/squid_user

auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours

auth_param basic casesensitive off

acl my_auth proxy_auth REQUIRED

acl SSL_ports port 443

acl Safe_ports port 443         # https

acl CONNECT method CONNECT

acl     GoogleMaps           url_regex -i    ^https://www.google.com/maps*.

acl     test_net                 src             192.168.1.253/32

acl     google                    dstdomain    www.google.com <http://www.google.com>

http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports

http_access     allow                           GoogleMaps

http_access     allow   CONNECT                 google

http_access     deny    CONNECT                 google                 my_auth

#http_access    allow   CONNECT                 test_net                 google

http_access     allow   google                 my_auth

http_access     allow   my_auth                all

http_access     deny                            all

I could understand that all users should be able to access the google maps link without any authentication. For this you could add the site acl before the authentication part in the squid conf. So that users will not prompt for the authentication when the user try to access the google map site. But when they try to access any other site authentication will be prompted.

(i.e)
        acl     GoogleMaps           url_regex -i    ^https://www.google.com/maps*.
        acl allow GoogleMaps all

        auth_param basic children 5

        auth_param basic realm Welcome to Our Website!

        auth_param basic program /usr/lib64/squid/basic_ncsa_auth /etc/squid/squid_user

        auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours

        auth_param basic casesensitive off

I am not clear about the remaining part of the content.

Regards,
ViSolve Squid