[squid-users] High CPU-Usage with squid 3.4.9 (and/or 3.4.4)

Tom Tom tomtux007 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 13:50:15 UTC 2014

Hi

After migration from squid 3.3.13 to 3.4.4, I recognized a
performance-issue. Squid is configured with 4 workers. They often have
a CPU-Utilization between 50%-90% (each worker). With squid 3.3.13
(same configuration), the CPU-Utilization was never a problem. I
installed squid 3.4.9 and had the same issue. No warnings/errors in
the cache.log

I saw, that someone other reported a similar issue:
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/201407/0500.html

Concerning the post above: Yes, we have external_auth-helpers
(ext_kerberos_ldap_group_acl) and no, we do not use delay_pools. The
high cpu-usage comes not from the auth-helper - it comes from the 4
squid-worker-processes.
Any hints? Is this a known problem? Probably solved in 3.5?

Kind regards,
Tom