[squid-users] Squid with CUPS print server?

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Sun Nov 2 06:45:12 UTC 2014

I have a server with both squid and cups server running that works fine, but
was recently setting up a windows 7 machine to use a printer, but it wouldn't
even connect until I set the Internet options in IE to not use proxy for the IP
address of the print server. Rather than having to do this on each machine is
there an option in squid that would allow the CUPS server to work without
blocking it on each machine?

Thanks.

I did just add the 631 port to the Safe Ports, but have not checked it after
since that change.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
ROSETTA     21182826.617012   |   SETI        36598721.404346
ABC         16613838.513356   |   EINSTEIN    38703585.592899