[squid-users] hiding web server port

Joel Mestres joelcordobes at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 1 05:39:12 UTC 2014

hello everyone! I'm trying to configure squid 2.7 so it works with a web server (another machine different from squid proxy server) running apache2 on port 8082 (for instance). Squid is installed on debian. Now I have squid with http_port 3128 transparent but I don't figure out how can I achive my goal. The idea is "hide" the port to clients. I was able to achive this without squid, with iptables.... redirecting 80 to 8082 and 8082 to 80. So is it possible to do something like this using squid proxy. Thanks a lot for your help!