[squid-users] squid unable to start on CentOS 6.5

Derek Cole derek.cole at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 22:57:11 UTC 2014

Here is the squid configuration file, on both boxes:

visible_hostname BrowserAccess
#acl localnet src 10.1.1.0/24 # RFC1918 possible internal network
#acl localnet src 10.22.0.0/23
acl all src 0.0.0.0/255.255.255.255
acl SSL_ports port 443
acl Safe_ports port 80      # http
acl Safe_ports port 21      # ftp
acl Safe_ports port 443     # https
acl Safe_ports port 70      # gopher
acl Safe_ports port 210     # wais
acl Safe_ports port 1025-65535  # unregistered ports
acl Safe_ports port 280     # http-mgmt
acl Safe_ports port 488     # gss-http
acl Safe_ports port 591     # filemaker
acl Safe_ports port 777     # multiling http
acl CONNECT method CONNECT
http_access deny !Safe_ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
http_access allow localhost manager
http_access deny manager
#http_access allow localnet
http_access allow localhost
http_access allow all
http_access deny all
http_port 3128 accel vhost allow-direct
coredump_dir /var/spool/squid
refresh_pattern ^ftp:       1440    20% 10080
refresh_pattern ^gopher:    1440    0%  1440
refresh_pattern -i (/cgi-bin/|\?) 0 0%  0
refresh_pattern .       0   20% 4320