[squid-users] what are people using nowadays (icap, a/v, etc)?

Brendan Kearney bpk678 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 21:23:58 UTC 2014

i have been running Squid with DansGuardian, ClamAV and Privoxy for
quite some time, and have been successful and moderately pleased with
functionality and performance.

while DG has been a means for me to perform A/V scanning at the
infrastructure layer via ClamAV, the penalty has been losing HTTP/1.1
compression and cache controls.  because DG downgrades everything to
HTTP/1.0, i feel i am not getting the most out of my squid instance
(through no fault of the software, or those who write/support it).

i am looking to move with the times, and find out what people are using
these days.  c-icap seems to use libclamav for scanning, which would
suffice, but it is not available on fedora as an rpm in repos, it seems.
i would much prefer to have rpms from repos that are updated then have
to install packages that i rolled myself.

libecap is available, but i dont know if i need more than just that to
do a/v scanning.  squidguard, also is available, but that does not look
like it interfaces with clamav.

what are people using these days, and what feedback do you have on the
setup you have?