[squid-users] Problem with running squid 3.5 on windows 7

Eldar Akchurin al.akchurin at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 20 22:58:27 UTC 2014

Hi Amos,

Hmm, after checking I found out that this fix works only for 64 bit.
When I try this on 32, both mingw on Cygwin and Ubuntu cannot identify presence of getaddrinfo.

It seems the 32 bit version of libws2_32 is compiled with "stdcall", i.e. the following works:

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
#endif
char __attribute__((__stdcall__)) getaddrinfo(int, int, int, int); //

// AUTOCONF tries out the below one (which does not mingle @16)
// char getaddrinfo();
// return getaddrinfo();

int
main ()
{
    return getaddrinfo(0,0,0,0);
  ;
  return 0;
}

I also found the following report, which kind of confirms what I see (https://patches.libav.org/patch/545/):
This moves network_extralibs setup before use so that the link test
works correctly on mingw-w64.  mingw32 still fails to detect it due
to calling convention differences; getaddrinfo() is STDCALL, so it
is mangled as getaddrinfo at 16 on x86.

Unfortunately, my background is windows, so I'm new to autoconf and all unix business. What do you think will be the right approach here? Maybe AC_CECK_DECL instead of AC_REPLACE_FUNC for getaddrinfo (and maybe some other funcs declared in the same lib)?

Thank you very much for all your help, really appreciate it!

--e