[squid-users] Debian 7 LDAP auth to 2008r2

Bert Bert at hubbsplace.org
Wed Dec 17 22:28:32 UTC 2014

Man I just can't seem to make this work. I followed this guide:

http://wiki.bitbinary.com/index.php/Active_Directory_Integrated_Squid_Proxy

and everything went well but as soon as I get to the squid_ldap_group test I get nothing back, or the second time I hit enter it returns a "invalid entry" error.

/usr/lib/squid3/squid_ldap_group -R -K -S -b "dc=example,dc=local" -D squid at example.local -W /etc/squid3/ldappass.txt -f "(&(objectclass=person)(sAMAccountName=%v)(memberof=cn=%g,ou=Security Groups,ou=MyBusiness,dc=example,dc=local))" -h dc1.example.local EXAMPLE\Username Internet%20Users%20Standard

Can anyone tell me what to look for as far as testing? I have run this test with debug -d but that doesn't seem to return anything.
My understanding of the command above is it's taking the basedn and a user name that I have setup and created a password for and attempting to query the AD server that is listed after the -h option. The part of the line I don't understand is cn=%g. No idea what might be plugged in there as "g" is not initialized anywhere. Based on the options returned after squid_ldap_group I think I get what's going on and the last two entries on the line are the queried username against the security groups I created in AD and the user I have been testing is a member of the internet users group.
This seems pretty straight forward but I get nothing and so this query is basically the same in the squid.conf so if it doesn't work here it's obviously not going to work from a browser.

--
This message has been scanned by E.F.A. Project and is believed to be clean.