[squid-users] Parent Proxy Cache Problem

Stephen Young-Work margaretofscotland at younghouse.info
Wed Dec 10 16:19:57 UTC 2014

Hi, We have an upstream (parent) proxy that we have no control over and I
am trying to get squid to cache .ipa files and other large updates.

I have tested this offsite where there is no proxy and i get TCP_HIT on all
of the content when I download it for the second time (downloaded from
cache). However when i'm behind the parent proxy my squid doesn't seem able
to cache any data that is coming from upstream resulting in TCP_MISS every
time we download the file. This is resulting in our internet slowing to a
crawl.

If anyone has a way to enable this that would be great or additonally if i
can request a change to the parent proxy to allow this. I can post my
config if necessary.

Thanks