[squid-users] odd wccp issue affecting only some web servers

Jason Haar Jason_Haar at trimble.com
Wed Dec 10 15:15:57 UTC 2014

On 05/12/14 14:22, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> One is a HIT the other a MISS?
>  Squid ACLs?
>  TCP connection issue?

Found the problem. We had three proxies and the Cisco ASA was load
balancing between them. Ended up the 2nd proxy had "INPUT DROP" instead
of "INPUT ALLOW" in iptables (everything else being correct and
eyeballed as "good") and simply didn't work as a transparent proxy! As
it was only 1 of 3, we had "some sites worked, some didn't". :-)

Fixed ;-)

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Corporate Information Security Manager, Trimble Navigation Ltd.
Phone: +1 408 481 8171