[squid-users] https issues for google

glenn.groves at bradnams.com.au glenn.groves at bradnams.com.au
Sun Dec 7 20:46:35 UTC 2014

Hi All and Amos,

Thanks for correcting me on thinking that was an error.

Even though squid is logging TCP_200, the browser states the proxy server is not responding. This is again only with secure sites, mainly google sites. It is fairly reproducible now with google mail.

On IE, the error is :the proxy server is not responding"
On Chrome: "ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR"
On Firefox "ssl_error_rx_record_too_long"

If I bypass the proxy and go direct to the internet through our firewall, it works fine.

This suggests to me, without having any errors in squid to go by, that squid is doing something to the SSL record. What can I do to try and fix or diagnose?

Thanks,

Glenn