[squid-users] Packet Marking for Traffic Shaping

Osmany Goderich ogoderich at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 15:15:30 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I was googling and I couldn't find anything clear about the subject, but I
am trying to make Squid mark the packets in order to differentiate traffic
so that I can do Traffic Shaping on my hardware firewalls. This should help
me do the job easier in my firewalls since the requests that go to internet
come from only one IP (the proxy-cache) and I really need to identify
different clients so that I can apply different traffic shaping rules. My
firewall supports DSCP or ToS. I was looking up ToS but I am having a hard
time to understand how can I apply different values of ToS to all my
clients(I'm talking about more that 50 clients with different bandwidth to
be assigned).
Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks