[squid-users] RFC2616 headers in bumped requests

Steve Hill steve at opendium.com
Tue Dec 2 15:40:53 UTC 2014

On 30.11.14 07:40, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> Just to followup, there will not be a permanent change made to Squid
> because:

That's fair enough - my initial diagnosis was basically "the server's
broken", but I thought it was worth having a debate about the merits of
modifying the contents of a bumped connection, in light of the fact that
at least one such broken server exists and that it probably isn't
completely unreasonable for the endpoints to assume they have a
transparent tunnel.

(Another perennial problem that comes from the assumption of a
transparent tunnel is clients making websockets connections over https,
which of course won't work through a bumped connection since Squid
doesn't support HTTP upgrade requests)

Many thanks.

--
  - Steve Hill