[squid-users] Forward proxy with BASIC authentication

fzab_ florent1818 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 1 19:28:43 UTC 2014

Hi,
I want to use Squid locally on my computer to forward all traffic to a
parent Squid proxy which uses BASIC authentication. The aim is to not store
my password on every configuration file that needs internet access.

So here's the only lines I added to Squid default conf file :

/cache_peer x.x.x.x   parent  3128 0 no-query default  login=login:password
no-digest
never_direct allow all/

It seems to work for a few minutes, but it doesn't seem to authenticate
again when needed to. The access log shows 407 errors when it breaks. :

/297 127.0.0.1 TCP_MISS/407 2071 GET http://...../

Am I missing something, when I take a look at the sent requests, none have
an authentication header?