[squid-dev] RFC: GitHub Projects and Issues

ngtech1ltd at gmail.com ngtech1ltd at gmail.com
Fri May 5 19:28:26 UTC 2023

Hey Amos and Alex,

(Writing freely)

It's pretty simple to understand that there are two sides to the same picture so it's
possible that there are multiple scenarios.
To my understanding opening GitHub issues is not an explicit move that states any migration
from https://bugs.squid-cache.org/ towards any other option.
I want to believe that developers and sysadmins are smart enough to understand a declaration
on the GitHub issues template. (Assuming they will read the text..)

In general opening an issue is nice and will probably help to work with PR's but the main question is:
Will it bring more then there is today?

However, there is another issue.
The development team will need to be watch another vector in the development cycle and I believe
that it's already not a simple task as it is.

It's better to think about any way to address both the technical and the administrative overhead
that I might suspect it will leave the development team with before the full adoption.

I believe that for now restricting the issues with an experimental statement would be enough.
If Amos feels fine with handling all the issues related syn/syn-ack/ack of any issue being opened
by himself I believe it will not harm anyone.

HTH,
Eliezer