[squid-dev] RFC: ACL clashes with Windows system entity

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Dec 7 20:22:11 UTC 2023

On 2023-12-06 16:47, Francesco Chemolli wrote:
> Hi all,
>    I'm looking at improving windows portability, and we have a name
> clash with a Windows system header
> (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/winnt/ns-winnt-acl)
>
> So.. how to deal with it?
> I can see two options: either we lift ACL into the Acl namespace, or we
> need to rename it. ACL is referenced in 106 files, so the change is
> going to be big, so I ask if there are any opinions on how to go about this

We need to rename/move ACL into Acl::Node or similar (as PR 1350
attempted to do but got bogged down in many out-of-scope changes).

I suggest to do nothing right now: After 20+ recently merged smooth
reconfiguration PRs, we are getting really close to reference counting
ACL objects. If PR 1350 is not merged by that time, we can rename that
class in that upcoming PR because refcounting changes will have to touch
a lot of the same code...

HTH,