[squid-dev] Latest Clang build errors

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Sun Apr 2 23:30:39 UTC 2023

On 4/2/23 03:30, Francesco Chemolli wrote:

>     BTW, since GCC v13 has other bugs and has not been officially
>     "released"
>     yet, I suggest removing that compiler from the set of required tests
>     until it matures enough for us to support it efficiently.
>

> That's what Fedora Rawhide ships as default compiler.
> We can only do that by stopping to target rawhide for our tests;

I disagree that it is the only alternative. For _example_, if somebody
wants to spend time on future GCC v13 release compatibility, we can run
_optional_ Jenkins tests with GCC v13 on Rawhide (of the master branch
or even PR branches) that they will monitor and post Squid bug fixing
PRs as needed.

As far as Project policy is concerned, given our scarce resources, I
think it is best to exclude development compiler versions from the
official support scope. Doing so does not stop anybody from testing with
those compilers (even using Project's Jenkins setup) and submitting
Squid improvements.

> I'd like to get more feedback before doing so.

Good luck,