[squid-dev] Latest Clang build errors

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Sat Apr 1 21:09:27 UTC 2023

On 3/28/23 09:27, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Alex, since the whole IPC and SHM system is your design are you able to
> work on fixing the FlexibleArray build errors we are now getting with
> clang v15.

> [1] Log excerpt from Jenkins:
> 01:00:06 ../../../../src/ipc/mem/FlexibleArray.h:34:52: error: array subscript -1 is below array bounds of 'int [1]' [-Werror=array-bounds=]
...> 01:00:06 make[4]: Leaving directory
> '/srv/jenkins/workspace/5-pr-test/COMPILER/gcc/OS/fedora-rawhide/label/docker-build-host/btlayer-02-maximus/squid-7.0.0-VCS/_build/sub/src/fs'

AFAICT, the above log is not from a clang build; it is from a GCC build.
FWIW, I could not find matching clang errors in Jenkins.

With GCC, I can reproduce the -Warray-bounds problem using
squidcache/buildfarm-fedora-rawhide:latest docker. Thank you, Francesco
for publishing those! PR 1318 has the proposed fix:
https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/pull/1318

BTW, since GCC v13 has other bugs and has not been officially "released"
yet, I suggest removing that compiler from the set of required tests
until it matures enough for us to support it efficiently.

HTH,