[squid-dev] Ctx cleanup

Joshua Rogers jrogers at opera.com
Wed Mar 17 23:40:26 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I am currently looking at how Squid handles the so-called entering and
exiting of contexts: ctx_enter, ctx_exit.

For example, in HttpStateData::processReplyHeader, a ctx_enter call is used
at the start of the function, and every exit from the function calls
ctx_exit.

My question is: what happens if this context is not cleaned up/ctx_exit is
not called? Is there some other handler which removes stale contexts?

I have read the description "Context-based Debugging" in debug.cc, but am
still not sure what happens if a ctx is not cleaned up.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers,
Josh