[squid-dev] effective acl for tcp_outgoing_address

Eliezer Croitoru ngtech1ltd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 08:42:19 UTC 2021

Hey,

As Alex gave you the technical details.

At runtime of squid there is a sequence of events and acls validation.
http_access is validated as a slow acl first long before tcp_outgoing_address is happening.
If you will apply a "dummy" rule in the http_access like what Alex has suggested
you would be able to make sure that when the tcp_outgoing_address validation happens
a "pre-cooked"(this is how I call it) or a pre-determined session note will be "sticked" to the session details.

This is a simplified:
https://github.com/elico/vagrant-squid-outgoing-addresses/blob/master/shared/squid.conf#L14

squid.conf which includes the usage of a note from a helper that will always match like "all" should always be true
(which is used in alex example).

Let me know if it still doesn't make sense.

Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru
Tech Support