[squid-dev] rfc1738.c

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Oct 29 19:43:49 UTC 2020

On 10/29/20 7:17 AM, Damian Wojslaw wrote:

> It was mentioned that rfc1738_do_escape could use changing so it doesn't
> return static buffer.

Yes. Most likely, rfc1738 family of functions should return an SBuf, but
refactoring that may require a serious effort, on several layers. This
is not the easiest Squid XXX to fix by far!

However, please do not misinterpret my comment as a NACK. Just be
prepared to move rfc1738 code into src/ where it belongs and work on
refactoring the API to remove those ugly macros and rework a
difficult-to-grok set of positive and negative flags.

> I'm also interested in getting my hands in cachegr.cc, as it was
> described as neglected in the PR.

If there may be consensus that cachemgr.cc should be removed, then
consider confirming that consensus (here) and removing cachemgr. Doing
so may be a lot easier than fixing rfc1738_do_escape().