[squid-dev] forwarded_for based on acls

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Nov 3 14:53:32 UTC 2020

On 11/3/20 5:58 AM, Eliezer Croitor wrote:

> I believe that the `forwarded_for` and the `via` config should be
> converted to an ACL style one.

Sure, (optional) ACL support in forwarded_for and via directives is an
improvement worth accepting. It should be straightforward to implement
as long as support is limited to fast ACLs. There are many similar
examples in the existing code.

This addition can (and must) be done in a backward compatible way. It
can (and, IMO, should) be done in a forward compatible way by requiring
an "if" keyword before the ACLs (we are using such an approach for the
upcoming tls_key_log feature detailed at
http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-dev/2020-July/009605.html).

Cheers,