[squid-dev] External ACL Feed, helper?

Eliezer Croitor ngtech1ltd at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 17:00:26 UTC 2020

Hoo nooo a typo!!!

Alex I was talking about external lists automatic update and reconfigure.

The scenario I was talking about is the next:
An admin have a specific set of ACL's such as a regex or src/ds tip
addresses etc.

I do not know if a squid reconfiguration is faster or more efficient then
other pieces of software however,
it's usable enough to ignore partial reconfiguration for the next couple
years..

I am 100% sure and believe that there are proxy admins that would like to be
able to configure
one squid.conf with specific ACLS and logic and later to only maintain the
content of these ACLs.
An ACL list content can be maintained by other vendors as well while the
Admin can move on to other more important tasks.

Ie let say I have a set of regex for sni which are bypassed or IP addresses
that are allowed etc...
Then with an automated update script that will validate that an update is
possible and required, an update and reconfiguration will be applied.

Does it makes more sense now?

Thanks,
Eliezer

----