[squid-dev] Want to integrate squid github to Jenkins CI

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Jan 21 01:22:10 UTC 2020

On 21/01/20 12:52 pm, agent_js03 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am putting together a squid + content filter solution using docker and
> kubernetes.
> Right now I am setting up a CI system in Jenkins so that when there is a new
> release of squid, it will pull the code, build a new container,and then
> publish the image to docker hub. So basically I am wanting to know how the
> github works. I only want this for new release versions. For example, the
> current latest release is 4.10:
>
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/
>
> So when latest updates again, i.e. to 4.11, what happens on github? Is there
> a latest tag that gets moved? Or does a certain branch get updated or
> something? Looking for a way to trigger.

Releases happen in a separate repository, the changes on the main
repository appear as regular PRs to the vNN branches. So I do not think
there is any specific trigger to use unless you are also happy
rebuilding when backports happen (might be good, but YMMV).

We do tag the release commit with a SQUID_* tag some time shortly after
the release has actually bundled. So you could do a check for those
every so often. Releases are intended to take place first weekend of
each month - though as with this month there can be some delays caused
by external situations.