[squid-dev] squid.conf future

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Sat Feb 29 16:51:56 UTC 2020

On 2/29/20 6:07 AM, Francesco Chemolli wrote:
> I like the idea of markdown, if possible.
> It is simple and gets the job done.
> Would processing it be more cumbersome than the alternatives?

If we look at the big picture rather then the next step, then the
answer, IMO, is "no". Many modern projects use markdown. I suspect there
are more modern/supported/quality tools processing markdown than
modern/supported/quality tools processing linuxdoc or similar XML-like
markup.

Moreover, _if_ we want that, we can avoid doing any mardown-to-HTML
conversion ourselves! Services like Github Pages do it for you
automatically. I am not (yet) saying that we should use such a service,
but I think we should at least _consider_ it because such services have
some serious advantages over the current web site integration approach.

Cheers,

Alex.