[squid-dev] squid.conf future

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Feb 24 08:11:28 UTC 2020

Hi all,

While doing some polish to cf_gen tool (PR #558) I am faced with some
large code edits to get that tool any more compliant with our current
guidelines. With that comes the question of whether that more detailed
work is worth doing at all ...

For the future I am considering a switch of cf.data.pre to a format like
SGML or XML which we can better generate the website contents from.

The main point in favour of these is that we already have infrastructure
in place for ESI and release notes. It would be less work to re-use one
of those than integrate a new library or tooling for some other format.