[squid-dev] Jenkins situation

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Aug 7 15:35:17 UTC 2020

On 8/4/20 9:26 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> With the recent Jenkins randomly failing builds due to git pull / fetch
> failures I am having to selectively disable the PR Jenkins block on PR
> merging for some hrs.
>
> Please do not mark any PRs with "M-cleared-for-merge" until further
> notice. I will do this myself with coordination on Jenkins results. You
> can use the "waiting-for-committer" instead if necessary.

I will cooperate until the end of August, but I consider the suggested
procedure excessively restrictive and not precedent-setting.

If Jenkins build testing does not become stable enough by the end of
August, we should make it optional (until it becomes stable again).

@kinkie, I do not know enough about the root cause of Jenkins failures
to suggest any specific fixes, but, if you have not already, please
consider (temporary) removing some of the Jenkins tests/nodes _if_ doing
so would bring the overall Jenkins stability to acceptable levels. IMHO,
it is better to have one working build test node than ten frequently
failing ones.