[squid-dev] Self Introduction

Joseph Jones josepjones at expediagroup.com
Tue Jun 18 12:40:26 UTC 2019

Hello Squid Developers.

I'm a Software Engineer for Expedia Group.

The team I work on uses Squid as a url filter for egress traffic for all our applications and we are looking to use it more in the future. We thought it would be a good idea to gain a deeper knowledge of squid and contribute back to the community, so I've been allowed to start spending at least some of my development time working on squid. However I haven't done any C/C++ since college so I'm a bit rusty.

My current plans are to ramp up my skills by improving unit test while I re-learn C/C++ and the squid code base.

I do have an interest in contributing to the following features in the future:
https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Socks

Features/Socks - Squid Web Proxy Wiki<https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Socks>
wiki.squid-cache.org
Extra additions: there seems to also be a system configuration setting and config file(s) for setting a parent SOCKSv5 proxy. It may be useful to pull this in as a possible automatic cache_peer entry.

--

Joseph M Jones

Sr Software Engineer, Cloud

EPS - Expedia Group