[squid-dev] Anubis documentation

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Sep 25 16:46:44 UTC 2018

On 09/25/2018 09:46 AM, Francesco Chemolli wrote:

>   recent discussions on github led me to understand that information
> on Anubis' interfaces is in peoples' heads and not on a bit of paper.
> Would it be possible to write a brief wiki page with some info about
> what is the FSM driving it and what are the tags it uses to store
> state?

I can assure you that Anubis is not driven by the Flying Spaghetti
Monster. The two deities are not even related!

Anubis logic and tags are pretty well documented at
https://github.com/measurement-factory/anubis#readme

Squid Project configuration for Anubis is documented at
https://wiki.squid-cache.org/MergeProcedure#Automation

Fixes/updates/additions are welcomed, of course. If you have questions
not answered by the above documents, please do not hesitate to ask.

We are still working on one big change/improvement -- support for
concurrent processing of multiple PRs. That change will affect some of
the existing documentation and should end the current "trial run" or
"careful testing" stage. After that, I do not anticipate significant
changes to Anubis algorithms unless somebody else contributes them.