[squid-dev] PROXY protocol and TPROXY, can they go together?

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Tue May 15 14:09:52 UTC 2018

Hey Squid-Dev,

I am in the middle of writing a load balancer \ router (almost done) for
squid with TPROXY in it.

The load balancer sits on the Squid machine and intercepts the connections.

I want to send Squid instances a new connection on a PROXY protocol enabled
http_port but that squid will use TPROXY on the outgoing connection based on
the PROXY protocol details.

Would it be possible? I think it should but not sure.

My plan is to try and load balance connections between multiple squid
instances\workers for filtering purposes and PIN each of the instances to a
CPU (20+ cores Physical host).

How reasonable is this idea?

Thanks,

Eliezer