[squid-dev] Use MAX_URL for first line limitation

Eduard Bagdasaryan eduard.bagdasaryan at measurement-factory.com
Fri Jun 8 13:43:43 UTC 2018

Yes, %>ru is consistent for small and large URLs.

FYI: this problem existed in the past for %>ru, but was fixed at master
r11274. I have a feeling that the way how setLogUri() fixes malformed
requests was not the best choice (in fact, there is a code duplication
between setLogUri() and urlParse(), and, moreover, I suspect that
encoding methods like rfc1738_escape_unescaped() may be applied
several times with destructive consequences).

However, probably in this small step we could leave those problems
aside and just unify %>ru and %ru 'cleanup' procedure, as suggested.
I see a simple fix: in One::Server::buildHttpRequest() initialize
our new ALE::virginUrlForMissingRequest with http->log_uri just
after setLogUri() (i.e., when the URL was clean-upped already).

Eduard.