[squid-dev] Allowing the admin to decide if a specific DNS+ip is ok for caching.

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Wed Jul 18 16:56:35 UTC 2018

Hey Squid-Dev's,

Currently Squid-Cache forces Host Header Forgery on http and https requests.

-          https://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/HostHeaderForgery

Squid is working properly or "the best" when the client and the proxy use
the same DNS service.

In the past I have asked about defining a bumped connection as secured and
to disable host header forgery checks on some of these.

The conditions are:

-          Squid validates that the server certificate is valid against the
local CA bundles (an admin can add or remove a certificate manually or
automatically)

-          The admin defines an external tool that verifies and/or allows
host header forgery to be disabled per request.

I am in the middle of testing 4.1 and wondering what is expected from 4.1
regarding host header forgery.

Was there any change of policy?

Thanks,

Eliezer