[squid-dev] Squid-3.5 future

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Jul 2 03:58:09 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Now that Squid-4 has finally achieved a stable release its time to
formally deprecated support for Squid-3.5 series.

  As per policy Squid-3.5 is officially deprecated as of today.

I would normally release a final 3.5 tarball alongside the 4.1 tarball.
But due to time constraints have not been able to this time.

So, the plan right now is to release that final 3.5 package next weekend
or soon thereafter. In the meanwhile I will be looking through the list
of backport candidates to see what looks reasonable. If anyone is aware
of patches in v4 which really should be in v3.5 please mention them as
followup to this message ASAP so I can give them closer consideration.

Keep in mind that patches touching say 100-ish lines or more are
starting to look "too big" for backport, and of course anything that
alters existing squid.conf or other UI behaviours is a no-go.

Cheers