[squid-dev] Converting squid to library

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sun Aug 5 08:31:33 UTC 2018

On 05/08/18 18:57, Manju Prabhu wrote:
> Hi Amos,
> Sure, thanks.
>
> Initially, I am planning to try to use f-stack. Something, similar
> to https://github.com/F-Stack/f-stack/blob/master/doc/F-Stack_Nginx_APP_Guide.md
> F-stack provides wrappers around POSIX APIs.\
> So, apart from squid and open-ssl, would I need to re-build anything else?

AFAIK that is all. Assuming that what you asked for is actually what you
need.

Reading that f-stack reference and the root f-stack documentation I am
getting the distinct idea that what it is referring to as "networking"
is a series of WebSocket or HTTP messages to deliver custom application
data around with transfer protocols compression (eg HTTP/2 HPACK)
pretending to be faster "packet speed".
 Is that correct? and you are actually needing Squid as the agent to
relay those messages (er, "packets") ?