[squid-dev] OpenSSL 1.1 regression

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Sat May 20 23:03:00 UTC 2017

I am missing coupe things about the subject and I want to verify it with your all.
>From my point of view when maintaining the RPM's for couple distributions I am looking at:
Would a specific OpenSSL library hit the distributions I maintain or not or just in a couple years?
But I am not sure about the concern of the developers since I read something about gcc 6 which is the cutting edge version of gcc to my knowledge.

And I want to understand:
What is the aim of the Squid-Cache software development team for Versions 3.5, 4.X, 5.X?
Also, Do we expect the main line linux distributions to use the cutting edge gcc or OpenSSL or
we are just in the stage which we try to patch up things before the actual integration of these tools will be done?(can take even couple years..)

Thanks,
Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru