[squid-dev] configure failed on msys2 mingw32

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Mar 23 02:20:56 UTC 2017

On 19/03/2017 11:49 p.m., khaled belhout wrote:
> hello,
> configure sricpt failed on my windows 7 box
> ./configure: line 39488: syntax error near unexpected token
> `as_ac_var=`$as_echo "ac_cv_func_$ac_func" | $as_tr_sh`'
> ./configure: line 39488: `  as_ac_var=`$as_echo "ac_cv_func_$ac_func"
> | $as_tr_sh`'

Hi khaled,

FYI: I gave up on mingw32 builds when it became clear the GCC version
was not going to work on current releases of Squid nor be updated. If
that has changed it is great news, otherwise you may have to move to
mingw-w64 to build a native Squid for Windows.

As to the problem:

 was that the latest 3.5 or v5 coded being built?
  the latter is definitely expected to fail due to the above GCC issues.

 did you run ./bootstrap.sh or autoreconf at any point before the build?

 can you identify what configure.ac line ./configure is trying to
perform when that happens?